Here is a video of how to replace the batteries in your Eaton Powerware 5110 Line-Interactive UPS. The vid is a step-by-step, or also one step forward one step back; that is, there is some trial and error there.
Here are the basic steps:
- lay the UPS on its side
- unscrew the front panel and slide it off.
- disconnect the battery pack and pull it out using the pull tab.
- get new Eaton Powerware 5110 batteries.
- remove the adhesion between the two batteries in the old battery pack, to reveal their series connection.
- line up the old and new batteries, so as to be able to replicate step by step the series connection on the old battery pack on the new battery pack. This way you reuse the wires.
- attach the new batteries to each other, using the sticky blocks and sticky tape from the old battery pack, and perhaps adding some new tape.
- insert the new battery pack and reconnect it to the ups.
- put the cover back on.
- screw the screws back in.
Hope it’s helpful. Please let know if you tried this and how it went, or if you find a better way!