If you replaced the batteries on a Back-UPS 800 or any other Back-UPS model but the replace battery light didn’t go away, the unit might need to be reset. This is called “brain dead”, to purge the brain of the UPS of any remaining charge. This is also useful if your unit is acting strange, it’s always good to give this a try to see if the problem can be reset.
Follow this easy procedure to brain dead the Back-UPS:
1. Disconnect any attached load. (any equipment that’s plugged in to the UPS)
2. Unplug the UPS from the wall socket.
3. Disconnect the UPS’ internal battery. (you can disconnect the connector or pull the battery out completely if it’s easier)
4. Push and hold the “On” button on the UPS for 5 seconds (you might hear a click, chirp or lights will blink)
5. Reconnect internal battery.
6. Plug UPS in wall socket.
7. Turn UPS on.
This procedure should reset the UPS.