When the “replace the battery” light on an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) comes on, it may be necessary to replace the battery. The following shows the procedure to follow in replacing the battery of the newer models of the APC Back-UPS Pro, including the BR 1500G:
1. Lay down the APC Back-UPS Pro with its battery compartment facing the user.
2. Press the release tabs before sliding up the battery cover.
3. Remove the expired battery from the UPS by pulling at the tabs.
4. Insert the new battery into the APC Back-UPS Pro while making sure the green sticker is facing upwards.
5. Slide down the cover until the release tab is locked.
The preceding procedure is applicable to the newer models of the APC Back-UPS Pro since the older models use a different method. This is mainly due to the location of the battery in these models. These batteries of these older models are located in the front part of the UPS.
The following is the procedure used in replacing the battery of the older models of the APC Back-UPS Pro, including the BR1500.
1. Slide down the battery cover before removing it.
2. Unhook the battery connector piece from the connector of the UPS.
3. Slide the old battery from the UPS.
4. Insert the replacement battery into the UPS before connecting it.
5. Slide the battery cover of the UPS until it locks into place.
It is not advisable to disassemble the equipment since it has potentially dangerous voltages. The only component to be removed is the battery. The battery contains lead that can be hazardous to health and the environment. Due to this, it is important to return it to an authorized service center for proper disposal or recycling. It is also important to avoid opening the battery since it contains a toxic electrolyte that is harmful to the eyes and skin.
The following video shows how to replace the battery of new and old models of the APC Back-UPS Pro.